Beginning October 2008, all cats and dogs in the City of Los Angeles four months and older (with a few exceptions) must be spayed or neutered.
Below is a list of organizations providing low and/or no cost spay/neuter services. All prices are subject to change and appointments may be required. Please contact the organization for the most up-to-date information.
- SIMI VALLEY VETERINARY CLINIC: Spay/Neuter Clinic for dogs and cats. FREE medical for feral and homeless cats/kittens over 8 weeks old. Low cost clinic for pets. Call 805-584-3823 or go to www.valleyvetnonprofit.com
- FixNation offers low cost spay/neuter for feral and tame cats. Feral cats are FREE and tame cats range from $35 - 50. FixNation is located at 7680 Clybourn Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 91352. Reservations are required, call 818-524-2287 to schedule an appointment or visit www.fixnation.org for more information.
- AngelDogs operates a state-of-the-art, mobile spay/neuter van throughout Los Angeles and Kern Counties. Fees for spay/neuter are $110 for dogs and $90 for cats (including pregnant and “in heat” animals at no additional charge). This price also includes pain medication, a free microchip and rabies vaccination. Angel Dogs accept discount vouchers to further reduce the cost. Contact AngelDogs to find out how you can get a voucher in your area. To schedule an appointment for call (888) 504-SPAY (7729) or email@example.com@angeldogsfoundation.org .
- Actors and Others for Animals participates in Los Angeles Animal Services' voucher program, distributing a limited number of discount spay/neuter vouchers monthly. They also offer financial assistance toward the cost of spay/neuter surgeries in addition to free sterilization for pit bulls and pit mixes in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. Visitwww.actorsandothers.com or call (818) 755-6045 or (818) 755-6323 for more information.
If you make less than $40,000/ year fees are discounted. These prices do not include pain medication or other optional services. Some spay/neuter services are FREE! PHONE for all locations: (310) 574-5555
9325 Slauson Ave
Pico Rivera, 90660
957 N. Gaffey St
San Pedro CA 90731
14409 Vanowen St
Van Nuys CA 91405
- LA Animal Services offers discount spay/neuter vouchers worth $30 for all residents of the City of Los Angeles and vouchers worth $70 for households earning less than $30,300/year. For more information, visit:www.laanimalservices.com/serv_bigfix.htm
- Pasadena Humane Society’s SNIP program offers low cost spay/neuter to residents in the following cities: Pasadena, South Pasadena, Arcadia, La Canada, San Marino, Sierra Madre, Glendale, La Crescenta & Montrose. Free spay/neuter services for pit bulls/pit mixes in those cities (and residents of Altadena) are also available.
- Pasadena Humane Society is located at 361 S Raymond Ave, Pasadena, CA 91105. Call 626-792-7151 x 138 to schedule an appointment or visit the SNIP FAQs page for more information.
- Spay California is a database of California low cost spay/neuter services by county and zip code. Each listing also includes detailed pricing information. Visit www.spaycalifornia.org/vetlist/vetlist_losangeles.htm to find spay/neuter services in your area.
- The Spay/Neuter Clinic at the L.A. County Animal Shelter in Lancaster holds clinics for cats only. The cost of surgery is only $10 per cat, with a limit of 3 cats per household. Cats must be at 8 weeks of age. The clinic is located at 5210 W. Avenue I, Lancaster 93536. To schedule an appointment, please call (661) 940-4191.
- SPAY/USA SPAY/USA, a program of The Pet Savers Foundation, is a nationwide network and referral service for affordable spay/neuter services. CALL 1-800-248-SPAY (7729) or go to www.spayusa.org for more information. Phone counselors are available Monday-Friday from 9 am- 4:30 pm (Eastern time)
- Value Vet offers low cost spay/neuter as well as other services in the West Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley area.
* All prices are subject to change; please call for the latest information.