Are you interested in becoming a foster or kitten socializer?
FOSTERING is an amazing opportunity to help out the animal community! If you are considering taking in rescue kitties, please feel free to contact me about the details of this fulfilling work. I can always use extra help, especially during kitten season and we are currently looking for foster homes in the San Fernando Valley.
SOCIALIZING is great if you would like the opportunity to work with a young kitten for a short while then return them tot he Kat House when they are ready for adoption. This means you get to take 1 to 3 baby kittens into your home and teach them how to be comfortable around people. Often, these are kittens that are 6 to 10 weeks old and were born to feral moms. These kittens tame down fast but need loving hands to work with them for a good portion of the day. You must be home quite a bit to do this job. It will not be effective if you are away for 8-10 hours a day at work.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FOSTERING AND SOCIALIZING:
- You must be 25 years or older and have a financially stable environment for the cats.
- All rescue cats/kittens must have a separate room or bathroom to live in and must be kept inside.
- All new kitties must be quarantined for 2 weeks from other pets or rescue kitties.
- All kitty supplies, litter, toys and high quality canned food must be provided by you.
- They must be kept healthy, socialized and well fed with the proper "canned" food for their age.
- As a foster, you are expected to have them available for adoption and take them to adoption events.
- It is helpful for you to locate adopters yourself. Friends, family and co-workers are great resources.
- If you are socializing only - you will be able to bring back the kittens to KFK when they get older unless you want to help in the adoption process and help find the kittens good homes.
- If you have people interested in adopting the kitties, you must contact Krazy For Kats first to have them fill out adoption contracts. DO NOT RELEASE ANY KITTIES WITHOUT A CONTRACT SIGNED!
- All adoption fees are to paid to Michele Guzy at Krazy For Kats. No kitties are adopted for free.
Krazy For Kats will cover all basic medical expenses that are needed to keep the cats healthy such as vaccinations, spay/neuter, testing, de-worming, de-flea and other common procedures for the first year. You must contact me to set up appointments for a vet. Any injuries/illnesses that occur to the pets out of negligence or accidents in your home may need to be covered by you. Please keep these animals safe!
Contact me directly at (818) 527-5287 for more details on how to be a Foster or Socializer and we can set up a time to do an interview.
Serious applicants need only apply! Fostering is not an easy task and I need to know you will be 100% committed. Socializing will take a minimum of 2 weeks to do.
If you cannot foster, but want to help with the baby kittens, you can also come over to babysit or babysit for a day or weekend in your own home! You cannot have other cats in the house however. These kittens and your pets need to be protected from any unknown medical issues.